How to Get Rid of Head Lice
Are you irritated by your itchy head? Do friends and coworkers make fun of you because you always scratch your scalp? If you are experiencing this common problem, then chances are you have lice. Start to get rid of head lice now!
What are lice?
Lice are small parasite-like insects. Their home is on the scalp and hairs of people. They eat by sucking a small quantity of blood from your head. Lice usually thrive on heads of 3 to 12-year-old kids. Girls are much more susceptible to lice than boys.
- Lice can easily spread from person to person
- The feeling of itchiness is caused by the lice bites
- Frequent scratching of the head can cause further inflammation
- In rare cases, the skin can be infected which may trigger infection
How to treat lice:
Lice shampoos and lotions can be directly bought over-the-counter or can be prescribed. The medications are based on the lice treatment history of the patient. Do not experiment on these treatments because they are very much like insecticides. Follow your doctor’s advice or instructions carefully. The directions on the shampoo or lotion should be strictly followed so that the treatment can be effective. Your doctor may also ask you to buy hair rinses that are made to untangle hair.
These lice treatments more often than not, completely eradicate lice although continuous usage is needed for it to take effect. Seven to ten days is the common treatment period for lice by this method. Before stopping the medication, you should be positive that all lice are killed since they can easily reproduce and come back with a vengeance.
Lice removal tips:
- Lice lay eggs attached to the base of the hair. In addition to using a medication, it is recommended, especially for children ages 2 to 6, to manually remove the eggs from the hair one by one.
- Combs with fine bristles should be used to comb your child’s hair after taking a bath.
- Shampoo hair 3 – 4 days in a span of 2 weeks. The hair should be wet before combing.
- Beddings and clothes that are just worn by someone with lice should be washed in very hot water.
- Store clothing and anything else that can not be washed in bags that are airtight for two weeks, such as toys or bedcovers.
- Carpet and upholstery in homes and cars should be vacuum cleaned regularly.
- Submerge objects like brushes, combs, headbands, hair ties, and barrettes in rubbing alcohol or shampoo for lice treatment for one hour, or dispose of them.
- Do not utilize hair dryers to dry the hair of your child after putting on the anti-lice medication. Some chemicals in the shampoo or lotion are flammable.
- Shampoos and conditioners should not be used prior to lice treatment application.
- Sprays or pest control should not be used to kill lice. It could do more harm than good. It can also be poisonous.
- Lice treatment should not be used or applied to a single person more than three times. If the lice are still there after three applications, the medication should be changed.
- One lice treatment should be used at a time. Do not alternate it with another.
Or use the Best Way to Get Rid of Head Lice in Milwaukee
AirAllé is the most effective, non-toxic answer to head lice removal. This FDA-cleared, science-based treatment kills lice and eggs in their tracks. It combines a precisely formulated combination of heat, airflow, time, and technique to kill head lice and their eggs through dehydration.
The Signature AirAllé treatment at Lice Clinics of America begins with a 30-minute warm air session. One of our expert technicians goes gently over the entire head using the hand-held device as it blows dry, heated air. This process kills the head lice and their eggs. The technician then performs a thorough comb-out to ensure that the dehydrated eggs that are left behind are removed. A special conditioning rinse is the final step of this pleasant and effective lice treatment.
Figuring out how to get rid of head lice in Milwaukee isn’t as stressful as it once was. Leave it to the experts at Lice Clinics of America! We provide seriously effective head lice treatment without all the hassle. You can sleep at night knowing that your child wasn’t exposed to hazardous chemicals. Call today to learn more about our treatments or to schedule an appointment!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!